Blockchain and the EQITII Token power the EQITII Marketplace.
Data can come in many shapes and forms. Data can be large or small; time sensitive or unstructured. Whatever the data is, the platform needs to be adaptable and extensible.
Because EQITII is an open marketplace with no transaction fees that handles numerous small exchanges, we devised an approach to manage the consensus, frequency, and speed of each transaction — an approach designed to ensure scalability and meet market demand in a world of exploding data generation.
EQITII accommodates the specific needs of high-volume, enormously scalable, intermittent low-cost transactions. At the same time, EQITII ensures privacy, security, and compensation for the data rights holder.
The platform is based on the Hyperledger Sawtooth and is customized to meet the needs of an open, public, distributed network.
Elements of the network
Service peers, or nodes, powered by Hyperledger Sawtooth communicate with client nodes. These client nodes may integrate into a DApp (Distributed Application) or be collocated with a peer node and/or accessed via a web browser.
Each node instance is distributed as a Container Image and consists of the following major elements:
- Node which manages the blockchain, smart contracts, data exchange, and communication with a KYC provider
- Wallet and wallet interfaces
- Integrated web server
- Configuration modules for configuration of local services and databases
- Access control module – this element can set up access control within organizational units, for example
- SDK and tools
The Marketplace API
Developers can build vertical applications on an open, secure, private and free integration point for existing and emerging data pipelines. Features available at launch will be:
- RESTful APIs for development of vertical applications on EQITII platform
- Marketplace UI integrated with an Android/iOS wallet application for use by consumers who want to sell data
- Platform independent and fully functional application examples distributed in the container image